E. First Street Rehabilitation Project
Project Name: E. First Street Improvements Project
Project Budget: Undetermined; between $3.2 million and $3.7 million depending on selected design.
Project Engineer: Schwab-Eaton, P.A.
Gregory E. Fief, P.E.
Ian Reekie, P.E., PTOE
Project Description: The City of Abilene has partnered with Schwab-Eaton, P.A. to reconstruct and upgrade this arterial street in the southeast part of the City. For this project, the City is addressing roughly 3,000 feet of First Street from just west of Court Street to just east of East Third Street. The existing pavement along this section has deteriorated and drainage issues are plaguing the area. This is a major truck route during harvest and the existing curb returns make turning movements difficult for larger trucks. With this project, the City will alleviate these problems and create a quality roadway to serve the community for decades to come.
The City Commission, with the adoption of Resolution No. 062711-1, approved the design option for the E. First Street Rehabilitation Project. The street will be rebuilt as a three-lane corridor with a combination center turn lane and outside parking lane.
Project Financing Documents:
- Main Trafficway Ordinance (February 14, 2011)
- City of Abilene, Kansas, General Obligation Bonds, Series 2011 S&P Credit Rating (February 25, 2011)
- Final Financing Analysis City of Abilene, Kansas General Obligation Bonds, Series 2011 (March 25, 2011)
- City of Abilene, Kansas General Obligation Bonds, Series 2011 Official Statement (April 1, 2011)
- E. First Street Project Financial Plan Options Memorandum (April 14, 2011)
- E. First Street Project Proposed Financial Plans Options Memorandum (June 16, 2011)