We primarily provide demand-response transportation as well as curb to curb service. The city of Abilene has nine holidays each year. Please check with the Abilene Parks & Recreation office for the holiday calendar. City of Abilene Public Transportation will not operate on those scheduled holidays.
Round trip is destination and return trip. If riders request more than one destination, riders will be charged an additional $1.00 per stop. Riders should have the correct amount of money because the driver does not carry cash to make change. A $15.00 punch card is available for purchase. This includes 5 round trips.
All rides should be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance and can be scheduled daily, weekly, or monthly. For more information or to schedule, call the Abilene Parks & Recreation office at (785) 263-7266.
Responsibilities of Riders
Individuals choosing to use City of Abilene General Public Transportation will adhere to the following:
- No smoking, drinking, or eating is allowed on the vehicle.
- Passengers must be seated with seat belts fastened at all times.
- In order to ensure the safety of all passengers, individuals shall not engage in activities such as fighting, hitting, throwing objects, foul language, etc.
- Engaging in such activities may result in limiting the individual’s usage of the General Public Transportation Van. The immediate decision will be left to the discretion of the driver.
- Riders with medical conditions and those using wheelchairs must provide someone to assist them.